Monday, October 29, 2007

Building a Dock on Lake Wylie – the Adventure Continues


The materials arrived for my new dock! Last Friday, an 18-wheeler arrived from Alumadock, loaded with what looked like a giant erector set. It was a bit precarious offloading the pieces, including some pieces measuring over 25’ in length. The truck driver was extremely helpful and courteous.

As the truck drove away, I felt a little overwhelmed as I surveyed the project in front of me. I set up a couple of tables so that I could organize all of the bolts and small pieces.

This company normally works with dock installation companies, so there was no installation manual included for Mr. Do-it-Yourself. Still, I figured, how hard can this be? I think I'm about to find out!
When you finish reading the posts, be sure and click on "Building a Dock: The Movie" at the top!

No comments: